We all know Don Benito is a wonderful school. Every year, our children receive a great education at Don Benito, taught by some of the best teachers around. And, given the fact that Don Benito is a public institution, this quality comes at a great bargain when compared to other school options in the area.
But with any bargain, there comes a commitment to uphold our end of it.
The other element that makes our school a special, unique place is the community of caring, dedicated families partner with their school to ensure the best, whole education for not only their children but for all children at Don Benito.
Don Benito PTA is your PTA. We work because of you. By joining us, you become a part of that mission. There is a place for everyone in our association. At Don Benito PTA, your contribution is measured by the size of your heart, not of the size of your wallet.
Here are some frequently asked questions about our assocation:
- “PTA” stands for Parent-Teacher Association
- Our PTA is a network of parents and teachers working together to support our school and our kids.
- Don Benito PTA also interacts with PTAs from schools across PUSD, and with the State of California PTA organization.
Who can join the PTA?
- The PTA is for everyone interested in the well-being of your children and everyone can join. There are volunteer opportunities to fit everyone:
Parents – those who work and those who stay at home
Extended Family (aunts, uncles, cousins)
Godparents and other close friends of the family
Community members who wish to support our school’s efforts
I’m already a member of another PTA. Can I join more than one school PTA?
- Absolutely! The PTA recognizes that parents have children of all different ages who are often in different schools.
- We encourage you to join and be involved in the PTA at every school you have a child attending.
- We give classroom start-up donations at the beginning of the year to every teacher.
- We help share expenses for field trips.
- PTA manages Art Docent program, paying for materials and providing the volunteers to bring the program into the classrooms.
- PTA events include the Summer Play Dates, Autumn Carnival, Welcome Gatherings, Movie Nights and other community-building social events that bring our families together.
- We coordinate and run the Jog-a-Thon and Read-a-Thon for Don Benito’s Annual Fund.
- We send out critical communications, such as the Things to Know email newsletter, summer mailer, and operate the PTA website and social media outlets (Facebook & Twitter) to keep parents informed.
- PTA volunteers research and apply for grants to support programs the District cannot afford, and operates committees dedicated to everything from disaster preparedness to T-shirt sales.